The 2019 Cape D Triathlon will be on May 18, 2019!
The Cape D. Sprint Triathlon was established in 2012 by Ilwaco Parks and Recreation to bring healthy, adventurous events to Ilwaco, WA. Now sponsored by Peninsula Poverty Response, this event shines a light on individuals living in poverty. Peninsula Poverty Response helps to put on local events advocating for those in need, such as Project Homeless Connect and Pack2School. A great cause to support, and a beautiful setting to do it in! The triathlon distances are 500 meter swim, 12 mile bike, and 3.3 mile run. Ilwaco’s Black Lake, Cape Disappointment Loop and Black Lake trails will wind you around some of the most beautiful sites on the Washington Coast!
Event details and schedule
- Friday May 17 1:30-3:00pm at the Black Lake Pavilion
- Saturday May 18 7:00-9:30 am at the Black Lake Pavilion
- Saturday May 18 9:30 Athlete’s briefing at the Black Lake Pavilion
- Lake warm-up available 9:40-9:55
- Mass Start at 10 am
- 500 meter Swim (in water start)
- 12 mile Bike including the Cape-D Loop
- 3.3 mile Run (1/2 on the roads of Ilwaco, 1/2 on the trails of Black Lake)
- Registration opens at 7am.
- Coffee and donuts available to participants and families
- Parking is available at New Life Church directly across Hwy 101 from the Transition Area at Black Lake.
What to bring:
- You are responsible for all necessary gear and equipment for the race
- Wetsuits are encouraged (water temp will roughly be 63 degrees)
- Please be sure your bike is in sound mechanical condition
- Hydration and nutrition is the responsibility of each individual
What to Wear:
- As stated above Wetsuits are welcomed and encouraged
- Comfortable bike wear
- Adequate footwear for both road and trail running
- It could be cool and/or wet, please consider this in your apparel decision
Please note that unless under extreme conditions, weather will not cancel this event.
2018 Cape D Triathlon Results are HERE!
Results for the 2016 Cape D Triathlon can be found here: