PPR Coordinator Job Description
An excellent opportunity for semi-retired or young professionals seeking to influence the community
Position: PPR Coordinator, part-time
Start Date: Immediate
End Date: 2-year contract
Location: Long Beach, WA
Peninsula Poverty Response (PPR) is a growing grass-roots nonprofit located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Southwest Washington. PPR’s mission is to reduce the consequences of poverty on the Long Beach Peninsula through advocacy, awareness, and action. This is PPR’s first paid staff position, which will provide support to the PPR Executive Board, a possible AmeriCorps service member, and the PPR volunteer base.
- Support planning and coordination of a program and its activities
- Research and create proposals for grants or other fundraising opportunities
- Keep updated records and create reports as needed
- Support growth and program development
- Manage communications through media relations, social media, newsletter etc.
- Ensure implementation of policies and practices set by PPR Executive Board
- Assisting in tracking expenditures/transactions
- Help build positive relations within the team and external partners
- Help schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda
- Ensure technology is used correctly
- Prepare paperwork and order material as needed
- AmeriCorps member supervision
- Community outreach
- Volunteer coordinator
- Proven experience as program coordinator (or relevant position); or related educational background
- Knowledge of program management and development procedures
- Understanding of budgeting, bookkeeping and reporting
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office and social media
- Ability to work with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Experience as a volunteer
- Experience as team manager
Other requirements for candidates: cover letter, resume vita, 3 professional/ academic letters of reference and ability to pass a thorough background check. Bilingual is a plus.
Please submit these documents via email to our PPR Executive Board Chair Pastor Dawna Svaren at firstname.lastname@example.org.